Time: May 4-6, 2017
Location: Vancouver Island University
“Asian Canadians on Vancouver Island: Race, Indigeneity and the Transpacific” (ACVI) project invites students, scholars and community researchers to submit papers for a proposed edited volume on the theme of (Un)Settling the Islands: Race, Indigeneity, and the Transpacific. Papers related to the themes of culture and heritage, and cross-cultural relations with respect to fighting for justice, sports, food, fishing and forestry are particularly welcome.
Papers chosen will be presented as part of 4-5 panels hosted by ACVI at the biannual BC Studies Conference, an interdisciplinary gathering at Vancouver Island University, May 4-6, 2017. If chosen, presenters will be eligible for subsidies for registration and travel to the conference.
Call for papers and posters:
1. Individual papers: title and abstract (250 words). Identify with up to three categories/themes, and (optional) up to three tags; this will assist in grouping papers in an appropriate panel.
2. Posters: title and brief description (50-100 words). Identify with up to three categories/themes, and (optional) up to three tags; this will assist in grouping posters.
1. Deadline for proposals: Sunday, January 15, 2017
2. Notification of acceptance: January 20, 2017
3. Submission of paper for circulation: April 21, 2017
CFP Detail: http://vi-asiancanadians.ca/2016/10/13/acvi-at-bc-studies-conference-may-4-6-2017/